Let´s enjoy English

Hi! Welcome to my blog for my ESL students ( or any others) in AEAS.



In this space you can share ideas, expand writing / listening (…) skills and, last but not least, you can have a good time while learning English.





Let´s enjoy it!


sexta-feira, 22 de outubro de 2010

Riddles

I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
Yet I can be found in everybody;
My existence is always in debate;          
Yet I have my own style of music.
What Am I?

What word can be written forward backward or upside down and can still be read from left to right?

A woman went to visit her bank manager and she took her young daughter with her. The bank manager said that the womans daughter could stay with his secretary during the meeting. When the woman and her daughter left, the secretary turned to the other secretary and said to her, "That little girl was my daughter." How could that be?


How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

So, who is the smart boy or girl with the correct answers? :-) :-)

9 comentários:

  1. Where can I find the answers to your riddles?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi,Sandra!
    I´m going to give the students some time to think about them and then I will post the answers.You have to be patient for a little while :-)
    Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  3. the correct answer is 4 times

    Mariana Leocádio 7ºD

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi, Mariana!
    that´s not the correct answer, not even for the last riddle. Sorry :-(
    The teacher

    ResponderEliminar
  5. "How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?"

    I think the answer is " only once".
    If you subtract the number 5 from 25, you get 20.
    So you can subtract only one time.
    Correct? :-)
    Bye
    Tiago Meireles

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Tiago,

    smart boy. That is true.
    You can subtract only once, because after you subtract it´s not 25 anymore. :-) :-)
    What about the other riddles?
    the teacher

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
    Yet I can be found in everybody;
    My existence is always in debate;
    Yet I have my own style of music.
    What Am I?



    The answer is the god
    Correct?!?!?!?

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Does God have his own style of music Gonçalo. I don´t think so :-) :-)
    I don´t know the answer but you are not correct. I think.
    Vitor Manuel

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Here are the answers to the RIDDLE:

    I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
    Yet I can be found in everybody;
    My existence is always in debate;
    Yet I have my own style of music.

    What Am I?
    YOU ARE A SOUL



    What word can be written forward backward or upside down and can still be read from left to right?
    The word N O O N



    A woman went to visit her bank manager and she took her young daughter with her. The bank manager said that the womans daughter could stay with his secretary during the meeting. When the woman and her daughter left, the secretary turned to the other secretary and said to her, "That little girl was my daughter." How could that be?

    THE SECRETARY WAS THE GIRL`S FATHER:



    How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

    ONLY ONCE, BECAUSE AFTER YOU SUBTRACT IT IS NOT 25 ANYMORE.

    So, did you enjoy the answers to the riddles? They were unexpected, weren´t they?
    Specially the one about the secretary.

    ResponderEliminar